This is an archived article that was published on in 2017, and information in the article may be outdated. It is provided only for personal research purposes and may not be reprinted.

A 44-year-old West Valley City woman is the third of four people to be sentenced in connection with the drug-related kidnapping and execution-style murder of a man near Snowbasin ski resort in 2013.

Tine Maxine Soules was sentenced to prison for up to 20 years Wednesday for the Nov. 23, 2013, shooting death of 34-year-old Cleat Knight.

Third District Judge Randall Skanchy recommended that Soules — who has been jailed since her arrest in January 2014 — get "ZERO days credit for time served and the Court also orders defendant to serve every day of her sentence," according to a docket entry.

Soules, an alleged drug dealer, pleaded guilty in October to reduced second-degree felony counts of manslaughter and kidnapping.

She and three co-defendants — Christopher Kim Leech, 38, Theron Myore, 46, and Viliamu Seumanu, 45 — all were initially charged with murder and kidnapping charges.

Leech, the triggerman, was convicted by a jury of aggravated murder and other counts and was sentenced last year to life in prison without the possibility of parole.

Seumanu, who helped plan Knight's slaying, was convicted by a jury of murder and aggravated kidnapping counts, also is serving life without parole.

Myore, who allegedly drove everyone to the Snowbasin area, is set for trial in August.

Knight and another man, Andrew Beck, were kidnapped because Knight disappeared for several hours while making a meth run involving contacts of Beck's ex-girlfriend, Tina Soules, according to court testimony.

Beck, who was friends with Knight, has said he was in a hotel doing drugs with another friend when Knight made off with a car, cash and drugs he had stored in the trunk.

"[Soules] was upset I had let someone run off with her money," Beck has testified. "She was more upset with me for letting her stuff get carried off, for trusting someone else."

When Knight showed up and told Leech he had obtained the drugs, Beck said, Leech replied: "It's too late for that."

Knight and Beck were bound and hoods were put over their heads for the drive to a remote hilltop near Snowbasin. Leech walked Knight and Beck to a snowy area and forced them to sit, according to court testimony.

Leech fired a single shot and Knight dropped to the ground.

Leech then ordered Beck at gunpoint to shoot Knight a second time, Beck has testified, giving him the ultimatum, "Finish it, or you're next."

Beck has testified that he didn't look at his friend when he pulled the trigger, hitting Knight in the face.

Knight's body was discovered in January 2014.

Beck has pleaded guilty to second-degree felony obstructing justice for initially lying to police about the episode. He is scheduled for sentencing in August.