This is an archived article that was published on sltrib.com in 2017, and information in the article may be outdated. It is provided only for personal research purposes and may not be reprinted.
ABC has remade the 1987 movie "Dirty Dancing" (which ran 100 minutes) and scheduled it in a 180-minute time slot (7 p.m., Ch. 4). And that should tell you quite a bit about this TV movie.
Abigail Breslin (as Baby) and Colt Prattes (Johnny) do a decent job replacing Jennifer Grey and Patrick Swayze, but this TV movie is bloated with additional storylines and loses the joy of the original.
If you really want to watch watch, record it and be prepared to fast-forward a lot.
• Also tonight, it's the season finale of another really good season of "Survivor" (7 p.m., CBS/Ch. 2). It also airs in a three-hour time slot the winner will be declared about 9 p.m., and then everybody will get together to talk about what happened this season for the last hour or so.
Elsewhere on TV …
• "Shots Fired" (7 p.m., Fox/Ch. 13): When the sheriff's department loses one of its own, it becomes clear who is really to blame. (Finale)
• "Arrow" (7 p.m., CW/Ch. 30): Oliver assembles a group that includes Slade, Nyssa, Merlyn and Digger Harkness to battle Chase and his army. (Season finale)
• "Law & Order: SVU" (8 and 9 p.m., NBC/Ch. 5): A crucial witness to a fatal hate crime against a Muslim family is deported, causing the suspect to be released and resulting in rising tensions between the two communities in this two-parter. (Season finale)
• "Empire" (8 p.m., Fox/Ch. 13): As Lucious prepares to launch Empire Las Vegas, Cookie prepares to sabotage the opening. (Season finale)
• "The 100" (8 p.m., CW/Ch. 30): The heroes battle to ensure their survival. (Season finale)
• "Food Delicious Science" (9 p.m., PBS/Ch. 7): The science that makes food taste good and the effect it has on the tongue and nose.
• "Fargo" (11 p.m., FX): Emmit tries to make things right; Nikki and Ray prepare for payback; Varga cleans up a mess.
• "Archer" (11 p.m, FXX): Archer gets a big break that leads him to Woodhouse's killer. (Season finale)
• "Gomorrah" (11 p.m., Sundance): O'Nano is blamed for the death of O'Principe.
• "Nobodies" (11 p.m., TV Land): Larry, Rachel and Hugh turn to another writing team for help Jim Rash and Nat Faxon.
• "Lopez" (11:30 p.m., TV Land): George is worried that Lori wears the pants in their relationship.