This is an archived article that was published on sltrib.com in 2013, and information in the article may be outdated. It is provided only for personal research purposes and may not be reprinted.
A Mormon missionary was electrocuted when he accidentally came into contact with a live power line on top of a building in Mexico, the LDS Church confirmed Thursday.
Ruth Todd, spokeswoman for the Utah-based Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, said that 20-year-old Colt Daniel Kunz, of Victor, Idaho, had been serving his mission in the faith's Mexico Tampico Mission for just a few weeks when the accident happened Wednesday.
"Our thoughts and prayers are with Elder Kunz's family, friends and others who mourn his passing," Todd said in a statement.
Details on funeral plans for Kunz, who was the 11th Mormon missionary to die this year, were not immediately available.