This is an archived article that was published on sltrib.com in 2014, and information in the article may be outdated. It is provided only for personal research purposes and may not be reprinted.
CBS has announced the cast of the upcoming all-star season of "The Amazing Race," and there's great news - Utahns David and Connor O'Leary are back.
You may recall that in Season 22, the father-and-son team both cancer survivors were doing very well until Dave, 59, ruptured his Achilles tendon and tore his calf muscle at the end of the second leg of race and were forced to drop out - three episodes later.
"To get the call to come back, was ... it kind of blew us away," Dave O'Leary told CBS.
In the new season, which begins Sunday, Feb. 23, at 7 p.m. on CBS/Ch. 2, the real-estate investor and his son, a professional cyclis, will get another chance to run the race.
They'll be matched up against 10 other familiar pairs - some you loved, some you loved to hate. But even the presence of the incredibly annoying "twinnies" from Season 21, Natalie and Nadiya Anderson, can't detract from the fact that the O'Learys are getting a second chance.
The other teams are:
• The "Afghanimals" (as they called themselves) from Season 24, Leo Temory and Jamal Zadran.
• Newlyweds Brendan Villegas and"Big Brother" winner Rachel Reilly from Season 20.
• Country music duo Caroline Cutbirth and Jennifer Wayne from Season 22.
• Oklahoma cowboys/brothers Cord and Jet McCoy from Seasons 16 and 18.
• Harlem Globetrotters Herbert "Flight Time" Lang and Nate "Big Easy" Lofton from Seasons 15 and 18.
• Engaged couple John Erck and Jessica, who went home with an Express Pass in their pocket in Season 22.
• Mother/son team Margie O'Donnell and Luke Adams from Seasons 14 and 18.
• YouTube hosts Joey Graceffa and Meghan Caramena from Season 22.
• Kentucky pals William "Bopper" Minton and Mark Jackson from Season 20.