This is an archived article that was published on in 2008, and information in the article may be outdated. It is provided only for personal research purposes and may not be reprinted.

Posted: 12:37 PM- Federal authorities claim David Rucker Leifson - who has pleaded guilty to perjury in the Kiplyn Davis case - violated his pre-sentence release conditions by allegedly threatening an ex-girlfriend, then failing to appear in justice court on resulting phone harassment charges.

Leifson, 31, has been free while awaiting sentencing in U.S. District Court. But that could change Jan. 23, when Leifson is to appear before U.S. Magistrate David Nuffer to discuss the alleged violations.

Documents filed in federal court allege Leifson violated his release conditions by threatening "to inflict physical harm upon an individual on Aug. 17."

That individual, according to North Salt Lake police, is Leifson's ex-girlfriend, who allegedly received a text message from him indicating that he was enroute to her apartment and intending to do her harm.

The 24-year-old woman immediately called police, who called Leifson, asking him to come to the police station and fill out a statement.

Leifson did not contact police, who cited him for class B misdemeanor telephone harassment, which is punishable by up to six months in jail.

Leifson was summoned to appear Sept. 18 before North Salt Lake Justice Court Judge Michael Crippen, who issued a $587 arrest warrant after he failed to show.

Kiplyn Davis, a 15-year-old sophomore at Spanish Fork High School, vanished after her lunch break on May 2, 1995. She has not been located, and prosecutors believe she was murdered.

In 2003, five men were indicted on charges they lied during the investigation to police or the grand jury. Three of them - Leifson; Garry Von Blackmore, 28; and Scott Brunson, 30 - have pleaded guilty and are awaiting sentencing.

The other two, Timmy Brent Olsen and Christopher Neal Jeppson, both 30, were convicted in separate trials.

Olsen was sentenced to 150 months in prison, but he has appealed to the 10th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals claiming the punishment was increased because his perjury offenses were unfairly linked to the teen's presumed death.

Jeppson's sentencing is on hold pending the appeal court's decision in Olsen's case.

Meanwhile, Olsen and Jeppson have been charged with the girl's murder in Provo's 4th District Court, where an eight-day preliminary hearing began this week.