This is an archived article that was published on in 2011, and information in the article may be outdated. It is provided only for personal research purposes and may not be reprinted.

Emergency crews worked on Saturday to bolster sandbag barriers while keeping a wary eye on a repaired levee along northern Utah's Weber River, but elsewhere the region's flooding risks appeared to be lessening.

The Weber County Sheriff's Department had no additional reports of flooding along the swollen waterway overnight. Nonetheless, the Weber River remained under a fresh National Weather Service flood warning on Saturday, running through Thursday.

As of 5:30 a.m. Saturday, the river remained above flood stage from Echo Reservoir to where it terminates at the Great Salt Lake. The river was rushing along at more than 4,550 cubic feet per second near Plain City, but at 27.06 feet was just barely above the official 27-foot flood stage.

On Friday, crews aided by Utah National Guard helicopters placed about 50 half-ton sandbags at a levee near West Warren and elsewhere along the overflowing river. Volunteers showed up by the hundreds to build sandbag barriers around more than a dozen threatened homes, and crews dug makeshift channels through several riverside roads to divert floodwaters into a canal that feeds into the Great Salt Lake.

Also being watched was Weber County's Ogden River. It had been running just below its official flood stage (7.2 feet), but was measured at a fraction over that mark on Saturday morning.

In addition to Weber County, forecasters also kept Davis, Morgan, Summit, Juab, Piute, Sanpete and Sevier counties under flood warnings Saturday.

Northern Utah's high temperatures were forecast in the high-60s to mid-70s on Saturday, rising a few degrees on Sunday, while Utah County was expected to reach the low-80s both days.

Northeastern Utah's highs through the weekend were expected to be in the 60s and low-70s, while southeastern Utah was forecast for the 80s and southwestern Utah's St. George for the mid-90s.