This is an archived article that was published on in 2016, and information in the article may be outdated. It is provided only for personal research purposes and may not be reprinted.

South Salt Lake • A 17-year-old South Salt Lake boy and a 19-year-old man are dead, and the man's 20-year-old brother was in critical condition after a Thursday night shooting that also left a fourth man injured, police said Friday.

Police identified the deceased 17-year-old as Armando Cuenca-Curiel. Police have not yet released the 19-year-old deceased man's identity.

The shootings occurred at about 8 p.m. Thursday inside a Ford Explorer in the area of 300 East and Park Creeke Lane (3060 South), said Gary Keller, spokesman for South Salt Lake police.

The Ford, with the four people inside, turned onto Park Creeke Lane and stopped in the middle of the street, Keller said.

Then some sort of "altercation erupted" inside the vehicle where shots were fired, Keller said.

Video captured by a nearby home security camera shows a man exiting the vehicle and hobbling away before he was picked up by a white car.

That man, a 19-year-old whose last known address is in Miami, Fla., turned up later at a hospital with a gunshot wound in his left leg — but he was not dropped off by the white car that picked him up from the scene. Investigators have learned that multiple drivers passed him before a silver Mercedes dropped him off at the hospital, Keller said. Police were waiting to question him, Keller said.

Police were seeking no missing suspects or victims, Keller said Friday.

Two guns were found at the scene. One was visible inside the Explorer, for which police are awaiting a search warrant, Keller said. The second handgun was found in the street near the Explorer, Keller said.

Cuenca-Curiel, who died at the scene, lived just five or six blocks from the shooting scene and was "a close family friend" to the injured brothers, who are Salt Lake City residents, Keller said.

The 19- and 20-year-old brothers were taken to the hospital in critical condition, but at 8:45 p.m., police announced that the younger brother had died.

The motive remained unknown to investigators as of Friday morning, Keller said.