And we've even gotten episodes covering the exact same plot developments from a different character's point of view. Sort of like the unwatchable "Tailies" episodes that did nothing but kill time on "Lost."
I used to greatly enjoy "Scandal." Now, I don't really care if Huck survives his gunshot wounds last week and he's one of the least annoying characters on the show.
"Scandal" has completely outlived its usefulness.
Elsewhere on TV ...
• "The Big Bang Theory" (7 p.m., CBS/Ch. 2): Sheldon pushes himself to the limit when he collaborates on projects with Leonard and Howard as well as Amy on the same day; Bernadette must return to work at the end of her maternity leave.
• "Grey's Anatomy" (7 p.m., ABC/Ch. 4): Stephanie makes the mistake of treating one of Grey Sloan's own.
• "Superstore" (7 p.m., NBC/Ch. 5): Glenn invites all of his kids to the store, causing big problems for the employees.
• "MasterChef Junior" (7 p.m., Fox/Ch. 13): The top 12 cooks are challenged to prepare a dish that includes a pork chop entrée and two sides.
• "Supernatural" (7 p.m., CW/Ch. 30): Sam and Dean get a lead on the whereabouts of Kelly Kline.
• "The Great Indoors" (7:30 p.m., CBS/Ch. 2): Jack takes Brooke's fiancé, Paul, and Roland out for a night on the town.
• "Powerless" (7:30 p.m., NBC/Ch. 5): Supervillain Dr. Psycho releases a toxic gas in Charm City.
• "Mom" (8 p.m., CBS/Ch. 2): After the death of Bonnie's mother, Christy and Bonnie discover that she was keeping a really big secret
• "Chicago Med" (8 p.m., NBC/Ch. 5): Doctors must diagnose patients without the aid of technology after a hacker shuts down the hospital computer system.
• "Kicking & Screaming" (8 p.m., Fox/Ch. 13): The camp struggles with its food supply.
• "Riverdale" (8 p.m., CW/Ch. 30): Archie gets an offer from the Blossoms; Alice seeks revenge on the Blossoms.
• "Life In Pieces" (8:30 p.m., CBS/Ch. 2): Lark only wants to be held by Jen; Heather refuses to get reading glasses; Colleen introduces Matt to her eccentric father.
• "The Amazing Race" (9 p.m., CBS/Ch. 2): The teams travel to Brazil; a conflict emerges between two teams when one goes back on their word.
• "The Catch" (9 p.m., ABC/Ch. 4): The team digs into Margot's past to find who is set on destroying the Kensington Firm.
• "The Blacklist: Redemption" (9 p.m., NBC/Ch. 5): Tom races to learn the truth about Whitehall.
• "Sun Records" (11 p.m., CMT): As the civil rights movement grips the nation, Elvis and other musicians rise to prominence.
• "Colony" (11 p.m., USA): The Bowmans must make an impossible choice. (Season finale)
• "Dark Net" (11 p.m., Showtime): An artificially intelligent sex robot; a woman uploads her mind to the algorithm; a family is torn apart by war, but saved by virtual reality. (Season premiere)