Quantcast
Home » News
Home » News

Bogus bomb claim puts American Fork Junior High in 'soft lockdown'

Published April 19, 2017 4:47 pm
This is an archived article that was published on sltrib.com in 2017, and information in the article may be outdated. It is provided only for personal research purposes and may not be reprinted.

Alpine School District officials confirmed that they had briefly placed American Fork Junior High School under a "soft lockdown" Wednesday morning after what proved to be an unfounded bomb threat.

District spokeswoman Kimberly Bird said that shortly after classes had begun, a female student told staff that another student had told her "a bomb would go off at 11:02 a.m."

For about 30 minutes, the school's students were ordered to stay in classrooms. School officials soon determined that the girl's claim was bogus.



"The student she claimed made the statement wasn't even in school today," Bird said.

As of 9:30 a.m. campus restrictions had been lifted.

District officials did not disclose if the girl would be subject to any disciplinary actions.

remims@sltrib.com

Twitter: @remims

 

 

 

USER COMMENTS
Reader comments on sltrib.com are the opinions of the writer, not The Salt Lake Tribune. We will delete comments containing obscenities, personal attacks and inappropriate or offensive remarks. Flagrant or repeat violators will be banned. If you see an objectionable comment, please alert us by clicking the arrow on the upper right side of the comment and selecting "Flag comment as inappropriate". If you've recently registered with Disqus or aren't seeing your comments immediately, you may need to verify your email address. To do so, visit disqus.com/account.
See more about comments here.
comments powered by Disqus