This is an archived article that was published on sltrib.com in 2017, and information in the article may be outdated. It is provided only for personal research purposes and may not be reprinted.
The made-in-Utah series "Andi Mack" hasn't been renewed for a second season yet, but that's looking more likely as ratings for the Disney Channel show come in.
According to Disney, last week's episode was the highest-rated to date, and was No. 1 with kids and tweens kids ages 2-11, 6-11 and 6-14.)
And that's a big deal because that's the target audience for the Disney Channel.
The audience has grown each of the first four weeks "Andi Mack" has been on the air. And that's also a really good sign.
Other ratings info from the Disney Channel:
• "Andi Mack" has amassed more then 31 million total views to date on TV, online and on social-media platforms.
• Last week's episode was the No. 1 TV series telecast of 2017 to date among girls 9-14. The show accounts for three of the year's top four series telecasts overall in that demographic.
• "Andi Mack" has amassed more than 11 million views to date across key digital and social platforms YouTube (4.1 million), Disney Channel VOD (3.5 million), the Disney Channel App (2.5 million) and Facebook/Instagram Stories (1.3 million).
• The show has reached 20.2 million total viewers to date on linear TV, including 7.2 million kids 6-14 and 6.6 million adults 18-49.
• The show has an engaged social audience across Facebook, Twitter and Instagram with 1.3 million total engagements and 2.3 million total impressions to date.
I'm still waiting to hear that the Disney Channel has ordered a second season, but this is all good news.
In this week's episode of "Andi Mack" (Friday, 9:30 p.m., Disney Channel), Andi learns something important about Jonah and Amber.