Home » News
Home » News

USU Football: Stuck in the snow

Published November 18, 2011 7:44 pm
This is an archived article that was published on sltrib.com in 2011, and information in the article may be outdated. It is provided only for personal research purposes and may not be reprinted.

Utah State is supposed to be snuggly in its hotel right now in Lewiston Idaho, eating dinner and getting ready for the Vandals tomorrow afternoon.

Instead, the Aggies are on a bus, driving 25 mph through Logan, on their way to Salt Lake City for a commercial flight.

USU couldn't leave Logan because of a snowstorm that ran through Cache Valley. The Aggies will take off tonight from SLC, although the time for a flight still hasn't been determined.

For college football teams, who deal with everything on a scheduled basis, this is a big development. There is a good chance USU won't get to their beds until 2 a.m., and they will have to get up early in the morning for a pre-game meal and for preprations for Idaho.

"We're going to have to deal with a little adversity," Utah State head coach Gary Andersen told the Tribune on Friday night. "This takes us completely out of our normal operation. We're going to have to adjust on the fly with this one."

Andersen said he will try to treat things like an early kickoff. But right now, the Aggies have no idea what time they are going to reach their destination.

Tony Jones




Reader comments on sltrib.com are the opinions of the writer, not The Salt Lake Tribune. We will delete comments containing obscenities, personal attacks and inappropriate or offensive remarks. Flagrant or repeat violators will be banned. If you see an objectionable comment, please alert us by clicking the arrow on the upper right side of the comment and selecting "Flag comment as inappropriate". If you've recently registered with Disqus or aren't seeing your comments immediately, you may need to verify your email address. To do so, visit disqus.com/account.
See more about comments here.
comments powered by Disqus