The hourlong drama begins with the last days of Romeo and Juliet, then continues the story as the Montagues and the Cupulets fight for control of Verona.
Rosaline Capulet is betrothed against her will to Benvolio Montague by Prince Escalus, who hopes to end the bitter feud between their families. But Rosaline and Benvolio have no intention of actually marrying each other.
It's lavish, multi-racial and a bit of a confusing mess.
And, apparently, being Shonda Rhimes will only get you so far. ABC ordered only seven episodes of "Still Star-Crossed," and it's airing them during the summer, with a debut on Memorial Day.
Elsewhere on TV …
• Stanley Cup Final (6 p.m., NBC/Ch. 5): Game 1 Nashville Predators at Pittsburgh Penguins
• "Michael Jackson: Searching for Neverland" (6 p.m., Lifetime): Jackson life is recalled by his bodyguards. Really.
• "Gotham" (7 p.m., Fox/Ch. 13): Gordon races to save the city from the Alice Tetch virus; some of Gotham's worst villains band together.
• "The Bachelorette" (8 p.m., ABC/Ch. 4): Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis judge a contest; Kareem Abdul Jabbar plays basketball with the guys; one bachelor betrays Rachel.
• "Lucifer" (8 p.m., Fox/Ch. 13): In the Season 2 finale, Charlotte accidentally burns a man to death and Lucifer has to keep Chloe from figuring out what happened.
• "American Dad" (8 p.m. TBS): The town turns on Steve after he convinces the star quarterback of the arena-football team to quit playing.
• "Angie Tribeca" (8:30 p.m., TBS): Holy 'Blindspot'! A naked woman emerges from a child's backpack and doesn't remember a thing.
• National Memorial Day Concert (10 p.m, Ch. 11): Recorded on Sunday.
• "Leah Remini: Scientology & the Aftermath" (10 p.m., A&E): In this two-hour special, Leah Remini and Mike Rinder explore the relationship between the Church of Scientology and its critics.