What we heard that day was toned down somewhat. And, while it's kind of weird and uncomfortable to laugh at what amounts to a joke about rape, "The Carmichael Show" does make some excellent points that not only does no mean no, but young men should be taught that they should hear yes before they have sex.
Elsewhere on TV …
• Stanley Cup Final (6 p.m., NBCSN): Game 2 Nashville Predators at Pittsburgh Penguins
• MLS (6:30 p.m., KMYU): Real Salt Lake at Houston Dynamo
• "Little Big Shots" (7 p.m., NBC/Ch. 5): An 8-year-old newscaster; a 7-year-old stand-up comedian; a boy band from Mexico.
• "NOVA" (8 p.m., PBS/Ch. 7): A report on the water crisis in Flint, Mich.
• "MasterChef" (7 p.m., Ch. 13): America's best home cooks compete in a challenget to earn a place in the top 20. (Season preiere)
• "The F Word with Gordon Ramsay" (8 p.m., Fox/Ch. 13): Teams of families and friends compete to impress Ramsay, celebrities and other dinner guests. (Premiere)
• "Food Delicious Science" (9 p.m., PBS/Ch. 7): The hidden chemistry in food keeps bodies fit and healthy.
• "This Is Us" (9 p.m., NBC/Ch. 5): If you missed this really fine series, NBC repeats the pilot tonight.
• "Brother vs. Brother" (10 p.m., HGTV): Jonathan and Drew compete to remodel Gulf Coast properties.
• "Fargo" (11 p.m., FX): Gloria tries to work around the system; Varga comes up with an alternative plan.
• "Gomorrah" (11 p.m., Sundance): Raffaele returns after seven years in prison.
• "Nobodies" (11 p.m., TV Land): Larry Rachel and Hugh perform improv at the Groundlings Theatre.
• "Lopez" (11:30 p.m., TV Land): George's co-star jeopardizes his TV show.