Home » News
Home » News

Count me in

Published March 13, 2012 1:01 am
This is an archived article that was published on sltrib.com in 2012, and information in the article may be outdated. It is provided only for personal research purposes and may not be reprinted.

In "LGBT folks want a seat alongside Ruzicka" (Opinion, Feb. 25), Weston Clark states that 70 percent of Utahns support legislation to make lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people "equal" with the other population. Well, count me in with the 30 percent.

No one has the right to tell me how to conduct my business, who must be allowed to participate in hiring and renting. This is the 21st century.

Clark and many others are splitting hairs, making an issue, demanding legitimacy. Most people don't want to know about another's sex life: Keep it to yourself, act civil and then civility is returned.

Lesbians, gays, bisexuals and transgendered people are not a minority group who require protection. What they need is help and therapy. Homosexuality cannot be made normal through a piece of legislation any more than alcoholism can be made healthy by passing a law that says it is so.

On March 1, Clark led a Human Dignity Rally at the state Capitol. If I had known, I would have led an opposition rally.

The recent Legislature had more important issues to deal with, not with the protection of people with warped sexual practices.

Jennifer Fox

American Fork




Reader comments on sltrib.com are the opinions of the writer, not The Salt Lake Tribune. We will delete comments containing obscenities, personal attacks and inappropriate or offensive remarks. Flagrant or repeat violators will be banned. If you see an objectionable comment, please alert us by clicking the arrow on the upper right side of the comment and selecting "Flag comment as inappropriate". If you've recently registered with Disqus or aren't seeing your comments immediately, you may need to verify your email address. To do so, visit disqus.com/account.
See more about comments here.
comments powered by Disqus