One man was slightly injured Wednesday night after a garage caught fire in Layton.
Layton firefighters said when they responded to the blaze about 9:45 p.m. at 402 N. Owen St. they found the garage fully engulfed in flames. Firefighters said the two people home at the time heard a "pop" and soon after spotted fire coming into the home. They quickly evacuated. Officials said the home had no smoke detectors, and the male occupant had to be treated at the scene for a minor burn to his head and singed hair.
Officials said the flames were so intense they charred a neighboring house and even melted gas meter dials. In all, the blaze caused about $90,000 in damage.