Home » News
Home » News

Holladay apartment fire caused by cut wires

Published March 20, 2012 11:01 am

Dignissim • Ipsum ut ullamcorper sed diam wisi euismod.
This is an archived article that was published on sltrib.com in 2012, and information in the article may be outdated. It is provided only for personal research purposes and may not be reprinted.

Unified Fire Authority investigators said the Monday fire in Holladay that displaced tenants from 11 units was caused by "energized electrical wiring" in a wall.

Investigators said the wiring was accidentally cut during construction work inside an unoccupied unit at the complex located at 4725 S. 1300 East. The fire burned inside a wall shared by all the units.

Damage was estimated to be at least $200,000.

A Unified Police Department officer who was taken to a hospital for observation after he suffered smoke inhalation was treated and was expected to return to work Tuesday, the department said.


Twitter @sltribjanelle




Reader comments on sltrib.com are the opinions of the writer, not The Salt Lake Tribune. We will delete comments containing obscenities, personal attacks and inappropriate or offensive remarks. Flagrant or repeat violators will be banned. If you see an objectionable comment, please alert us by clicking the arrow on the upper right side of the comment and selecting "Flag comment as inappropriate". If you've recently registered with Disqus or aren't seeing your comments immediately, you may need to verify your email address. To do so, visit disqus.com/account.
See more about comments here.
comments powered by Disqus