Home » News
Home » News

Fire dislocates 12 in Ogden

Published June 18, 2012 12:25 pm
This is an archived article that was published on sltrib.com in 2012, and information in the article may be outdated. It is provided only for personal research purposes and may not be reprinted.

A small fire at an Ogden triplex expelled a dozen people from their homes late Sunday night.

The fire was reported at about 9:45 p.m., at a building near the corner of 31st Street and Grant Avenue.

Ogden Fire Marshal Brandon Theuson said it was the result of an electrical malfunction in a ceiling light fixture, which burned a 6 to 8 inch hole in the attic.

The blaze was quickly extinguished by fire personnel, and damage was minimal — about $1,500 from smoke. But utilities for the entire triplex were shut down until upgrades and repairs can be made to the electric system, fire officials said.

The American Red Cross' Disaster Action Team responded to provide food, clothing and shelter.





Reader comments on sltrib.com are the opinions of the writer, not The Salt Lake Tribune. We will delete comments containing obscenities, personal attacks and inappropriate or offensive remarks. Flagrant or repeat violators will be banned. If you see an objectionable comment, please alert us by clicking the arrow on the upper right side of the comment and selecting "Flag comment as inappropriate". If you've recently registered with Disqus or aren't seeing your comments immediately, you may need to verify your email address. To do so, visit disqus.com/account.
See more about comments here.
comments powered by Disqus