This is an archived article that was published on sltrib.com in 2012, and information in the article may be outdated. It is provided only for personal research purposes and may not be reprinted.
WEDNESDAY IN TWITTER
Not so much tweeting from me this day at the Television Critics Association press tour. Had to write a couple actual stories, and deal with some TCA business.
• #Oxygen exec is "so stoked" to have signed Pete Wentz of Fall Out Boy to host tattoo show #BestInk. He's nearly hyperventilating. #TCAs12
He was absolutely giddy. I was sort of embarrassed for him.
• Shocking news - Travis Wall, dancers on #Oxygen's new show #AllTheRightMoves have egos, artistic temperaments. Seem nice, though. #TCAs12
In a clip, Wall's dumb partners are ticked that an investor suggested putting Wall's name on their new dance company. A blow to their egos, but perhaps a way to make the thing work. Duh.
• From my friend Todd VanDerWerff: Non-sarcasm time: I am really happy #tcas12 is branching out into online video stuff. It's the future of online video!
While setting up some of these panels a few weeks ago, I was on the phone with YouTube when Hulu called my cell phone. The world of television has changed.
• #Cybergeddon will launch on yahoo in 25 countries. #TCAs12
It's a 90-minute movie that will air online. From the Anthony Zuiker, the creator/executive producer of "CSI."
• The 90-minute #Cybergeddon movie will probably be released in nine 10-minute segments. #TCAs12
Or, apparently, you'll be able to watch it in its entirety after all nine segments have debuted.
• Actors took a huge cut in pay to appear in #Cybergeddon, Anthony Zuiker sez. #TCAs12
No surprise there.
• From my friend Roger Catlin: It's YouTube's first presentation at TCA. They're the first people who won't feel snubbed before a room of people online.
Some stars are taken aback when faced by a room full of people on their laptops just tweeting away.