An accidental fire displaced several people and caused $200,000 in damage to a historic motel in St. George on Wednesday night.
Police officers responded to a report of a fire at the Cliff Inn Motel at 310 W. St. George Blvd. All patrons were evacuated by the time fire crews arrived, according to St. George City Fire Chief Robert Stoker.
The fire started in a maintenance room area of the 15-unit horseshoe-shaped motel. Four units were damaged, and fire and smoke went extensively into the attic and throughout the building, Stoker said.