I concur with Autumn Pammi: Neighbors should be warned when lawn-care companies apply chemical treatments ("Should Utahns alert neighbors to pesticide use?" Tribune, Oct. 7).
About 15 years ago, I had my dog tied up in our backyard when a lawn-care employee came to apply chemical treatment to my neighbor's lawn. My dog went as far as the rope allowed to see what the employee was doing. The lawn-care employee turned and sprayed my dog right in the face. Fortunately, my dog survived.
We do have a right to protect ourselves against "chemical trespass." Utah should pass a law requiring that notices be sent to households within 150 feet of an application site. It wouldn't cost much to deliver a form letter to those households.