This is an archived article that was published on sltrib.com in 2012, and information in the article may be outdated. It is provided only for personal research purposes and may not be reprinted.
Park City's Wasatch Brew Pub was damaged Friday morning after a fire was sparked in the building.
Fire crews were sent to the area around 6:12 a.m., said Phyllis Robinson, public information officer for Park City. Robinson said the fire was contained to the interior of the brew pub and did not spread to nearby buildings.
Robinson said it appears the flames caused extensive damage to the southeast corner of the building, an area of the pub that was being remodeled, and an upper deck.
Greg Schirf, the owner of the Wasatch Brew Pub, told The Park Record that a preliminary investigation pointed to rags being used by workers resurfacing floors spontaneously combusting in a men's bathroom. Schirf said crews had been resurfacing floors inside the building. He said he expected "tens of thousands of dollars" in damage from the fire.
According to the brew pub's Facebook account, they don't plan to be open for at least a few days. But they reassured customers that the fire was not near the brewery, and no beer was damaged in the fire.