Only three of 15 cowboys managed to complete their eight-second rides.
The no-score dropped Cody Wright, a two-time world champion, from first to third in the average standings.
In other events:
• Defending world champion Kaycee Feild of Payson and first-time NFR qualifier Caleb Bennett of Morgan failed to place in the bareback. Feild ended up seventh with a score of 82.5. He missed a top-six finish for the first time but maintained his lead in the average. Bennett posted a score of 66.5 and placed 12th.
• Clint Robinson of Spanish Fork tied for second place in the tie-down roping with a time of 7.5 seconds. Robinson earned $12,664 for his effort, meaning he has pocketed $31,215 over the last three nights.
• Tom Lewis of Lehi posted a time of 4.1 seconds and finished in a three-way tie for third in steer wrestling. Now eighth in the average, Lewis earned $7,754 with his best finish so far at the National Finals.
• Kelli Tolbert of Hooper did not place in barrel racing after posting a time of 18.93 seconds. In the first four rounds, she had a pair of runner-up finishes and a sixth-place finish, which earned her $31,802.
• Tag Elliott of Thatcher, another first-time NFR qualifier, did not score in the bull riding.
The Wrangler National Finals Rodeo runs through Saturday night at the Thomas & Mack Center in Las Vegas.