Around the league
Saints • Jon Vilma urged a federal judge Friday to reject NFL commissioner Roger Goodell's motion to dismiss the defamation lawsuit filed against him by the Saints linebacker. Vilma's request to U.S. District Judge Ginger Berrigan argues Goodell acted with "reckless disregard for the truth" when basing initial allegations about Vilma upon one fired Saints assistant, Mike Cerullo, whose testimony has been inconsistent and challenged by other witnesses in the NFL's bounty probe of the Saints.
Redskins • Robert Griffin III practiced for the third straight day on his sprained right knee Friday, albeit again on a limited basis, and is officially listed as questionable for Sunday's game against the Cleveland Browns.
NFL Week 15 schedule
• Cincinnati 34, Philadelphia 13
• Green Bay at Chicago, 11 a.m., Ch. 13
• Tampa Bay at New Orleans, 11 a.m.
• Minnesota at St. Louis, 11 a.m.
• Indianapolis at Houston, 11 a.m.
• N.Y. Giants at Atlanta, 11 a.m.
• Washington at Cleveland, 11 a.m.
• Jacksonville at Miami, 11 a.m.
• Denver at Baltimore, 11 a.m., Ch. 2
• Carolina at San Diego, 2:05 p.m.
• Detroit at Arizona, 2:05 p.m.
• Seattle vs. Buffalo at Toronto, 2:05 p.m.
• Kansas City at Oakland, 2:25 p.m.
• Pittsburgh at Dallas, 2:25 p.m., Ch. 13
• San Francisco at New England, 6:20 p.m., Ch. 5
• N.Y. Jets at Tennessee, 6:30 p.m., ESPN