A living room fire on Christmas evening displaced a Salt Lake City family.
Firefighters responded to the 6:11 p.m. call to find heavy smoke inside a house near 1400 N. Morton Drive (1965 West). No one was home at the time, but neighbors saw smoke in the windows and called 911, said Jasen Asay, spokesman for the Salt Lake City Fire Department.
Firefighters contained the flames to the living room and got the slow-burning blaze under control within five minutes of their arrival. Besides the damage to the living room in the front of the home, there was also heavy smoke damage throughout the house, according to a news release.