Home » News
Home » News

Brigham City couple, kitten, OK after house fire

Published January 8, 2013 1:05 pm
This is an archived article that was published on sltrib.com in 2013, and information in the article may be outdated. It is provided only for personal research purposes and may not be reprinted.

Investigators believe either a candle or an electrical outlet plug-in air freshener caused a Brigham City fire that hospitalized two people.

Brigham City Emergency Services Manager Jim Buchanan said Tuesday than an official cause for the fire awaited completion of an ongoing investigation.

The 10:30 p.m. Monday blaze occurred at 133 W. 600 North. A man and his wife were transported by ambulance to Brigham City Community Hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation.

Firefighters also saved a kitten, also overcome by smoke, by using an oxygen mask.

The fire caused an estimated $40,000 to $50,000 in damage to the home and its contents.

The husband and wife are expected to stay with relatives in the area while repairs are made.





Reader comments on sltrib.com are the opinions of the writer, not The Salt Lake Tribune. We will delete comments containing obscenities, personal attacks and inappropriate or offensive remarks. Flagrant or repeat violators will be banned. If you see an objectionable comment, please alert us by clicking the arrow on the upper right side of the comment and selecting "Flag comment as inappropriate". If you've recently registered with Disqus or aren't seeing your comments immediately, you may need to verify your email address. To do so, visit disqus.com/account.
See more about comments here.
comments powered by Disqus