The building will support Boeing's fabrication and assembly operations on the east side of Salt Lake City International Airport, where 575 employees already work.
"Hiring will begin immediately. We will begin by hiring project managers and engineers and will then be filling production positions over the next several quarters," Trewet said.
Trewet declined to say how much money Boeing was investing in the building, which is more than 19 acres in size.
"Tens of millions," was all Trewet would say.
Boeing announced plans for the building during a ceremony attended by Gov. Gary Herbert, Rep. Jason Chaffetz and West Jordan Mayor Melissa Johnson.
Horizontal stabilizers are frequently confused with wings. They are mounted on either side of the vertical stabilizer, which is often called the tail.
Boeing and Salt Lake City
• The Chicago-based company, which has operated in Utah for 25 years, owns a 262,000-square-foot assembly building near Salt Lake City International Airport.
• Boeing leases a 100,000-square-foot building near the airport where other fabrication and assembly work is done
• Employment is 575 workers.
• The company has just purchased an 850,000-square-foot building in West Jordan, where it will make composite parts for horizontal stabilizers
• 100 jobs will be added when the operation starts up late next year.
Boeing job opportunities
O Go to http//jobs-boeing.com