Police have identified a man severely burned in a fire near a Provo convenience store as 22-year-old Sean Ryan Romero. But they still have many questions about how or why he was engulfed in flames.
Romero, of Orem, remains in critical condition after suffering burns on about 80 percent of his body in a fire that consumed a trash bin near a 7-Eleven store Monday afternoon. Provo police Lt. Matthew Siufanua said officers responded to the store at 545 Columbia Lane and found the man "fully engulfed" in flames.
Nearby witnesses were able to put out the blaze using fire extinguishers from the store, but the man had already been extensively burned by that time, Siufanua said.