This is an archived article that was published on sltrib.com in 2013, and information in the article may be outdated. It is provided only for personal research purposes and may not be reprinted.
A stack of blankets that tipped over onto a halogen light left lit on the floor were blamed for a fire that heavily damaged a commercial office and warehouse complex in North Salt Lake.
South Davis Metro Fire Chief Jim Rampton said Thursday that the 8:50 p.m. Wednesday blaze at 645 N. Taylor Way caused more than $100,000 in damage to the warehouse, which was being used by the Charity Anywhere Foundation, an international aid group.
"We're calling the cause 'accidental' in this fire," he said.
Crews from Farmington and Salt Lake City assisted in dousing the two-alarm fire within 10 minutes of their arrival
No one was in the building at the time the fire started, Rampton said.