A Questar technician saved a man Wednesday from his Kearns home, which was flooding with carbon monoxide gas.
The man's sister woke up that morning and smelled something weird in the air, so she called Questar Gas just after 7 a.m., said Unified Fire Capt. Clint Mecham.
A technician arrived and his carbon monoxide monitor immediately went off, showing a reading of 800 parts per million, "the highest I have ever seen it," Mecham said, speaking from 10 years of hazardous material experience. UFA normally evacuates a house if the reading reaches even 10 parts per million.