This sounds over the top, but who would have thought in 1980 that 30 years later in Utaht:
• 120,000 armed individuals would be wandering the streets with concealed weapons willing to shoot to kill;
• that legislation has to satisfy gun addicts before and at the expense of everyone else;
• that members of the dominant religion are actually members of the majority party of greed, guns and groveling at the feet of the National Rifle Association;
• that guns are allowed in schools, churches and on college campuses; and
• that men attend state legislative hearings openly carrying a semiautomatic rifle?
Yet gun addicts are never satisfied.
As for Brigham Young's goal of the peaceful kingdom of God in a promised land, just forget it. We're charging hell-bent in the opposite direction.
Salt Lake City