The American Fork Symphony annually presents its "Salute to Youth" concert to give local youth a chance to solo with an orchestra and allow audiences to enjoy the amazing young talent emerging in their area.Performing during the concert with accompaniment by the symphony will be:
• pianist John Zhao, 10, of Midvale;
• pianist Amberlee Woodhouse, 13, of Spanish Fork;
• violinist Bree Ann Fotheringham, 15, of Layton;
• pianist Hyrum Arnesen, 18, of Pleasant Grove;
• violinist Sydney Hartwick, 15, of Draper; and
• violinist Kaylee Romrell, 14, of Lehi.
In addition to the pieces presented by the youth, the American Fork Symphony will perform the finale of Beethoven's Fifth Symphony and music from the movie "Far and Away" by John Williams. The orchestra will be conducted by Shauna Smith.The approximately 70 members of the American Fork Symphony live in American Fork and surrounding communities. The symphony is supported by the American Fork Arts Council and American Fork City.
For more information about the organization, visit the orchestra's Web site at www.americanforksymphony.org.