This is an archived article that was published on sltrib.com in 2013, and information in the article may be outdated. It is provided only for personal research purposes and may not be reprinted.
Salt Lake City is getting its own Comic-Con.
The event is an expansion of the GEEX Gaming and Electronics Expo, which highlights tech and gamers' interests.
According to the website, the following celebrities will be attending the Comic-Con:
• Tia Carrere ("True Lies," "Wayne's World," "Relic Hunter")
• Lou Ferrigno ("The Incredible Hulk," "I Love You, Man")
• Jonathan Frakes ("Star Trek: The Next Generation")
• Richard Hatch ("Battlestar Galactica," both versions)
• Sofia Milos ("CSI: Miami")
• Kevin Sorbo ("Hercules: The Legendary Journeys," "Andromeda," "Kull The Conquerer")
And there will be the usual assortment of vendors, cosplay folks and other enthusiasts of all things geeky.
(To the non-geeks among you, a reminder that it's not fair to laugh or tease. After all, everybody has something that gets them excited and wearing funny clothes whether it's science-fiction or Civil War reenactments or Phish concerts or Utah Jazz games.)
For information and tickets, visit the event's website.