Home » News
Home » News

Molotov cocktail damages Ogden Mormon church meeting house

Published May 6, 2013 8:11 pm
This is an archived article that was published on sltrib.com in 2013, and information in the article may be outdated. It is provided only for personal research purposes and may not be reprinted.

State and federal authorities Monday were investigating a fire at a Mormon church meeting house that officials say was caused by a Molotov cocktail.

Maintenance workers at the church, 1590 13th St., called police about 7:30 a.m. Monday to report the explosive device had been thrown through a kitchen window sometime overnight. The fire, which was contained to the church kitchen, burned itself out before it was discovered, the Ogden City Fire Department said in a news release.

An initial estimate places the damage at about $1,000.

Because the fire occurred in a church, a joint investigation is being conducted by Ogden's fire department, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms and the Federal Bureau of Investigation.

Anyone with information about the fire is asked to call the joint Weber, Morgan Dispatch Center at 801-629-6221.





Reader comments on sltrib.com are the opinions of the writer, not The Salt Lake Tribune. We will delete comments containing obscenities, personal attacks and inappropriate or offensive remarks. Flagrant or repeat violators will be banned. If you see an objectionable comment, please alert us by clicking the arrow on the upper right side of the comment and selecting "Flag comment as inappropriate". If you've recently registered with Disqus or aren't seeing your comments immediately, you may need to verify your email address. To do so, visit disqus.com/account.
See more about comments here.
comments powered by Disqus