This is an archived article that was published on in 2013, and information in the article may be outdated. It is provided only for personal research purposes and may not be reprinted.

Police are still looking for Anthony Lamar Vick, who was charged Friday, along with a woman, with trapping and beating a man who eventually managed to escape — though not without a bullet to the back.

Vick, 32, and the woman were charged in 3rd District Court with aggravated kidnapping and aggravated assault. Vick was also charged with attempted aggravated murder, or felony discharge of a firearm with serious bodily injury, in case there's not enough evidence for the former.

Prosecutors also charged Vick with felony discharge of a firearm and possession of a dangerous weapon by a restricted person, and the woman with obstructing justice, a misdemeanor. She's been booked into Salt Lake County jail, said SLCPD Lt. Carl Merino.

On Wednesday night, the victim arrived at the woman's home near 2600 S. Highland Drive (about 1250 East). Police believe the victim may have also lived there. The woman later admitted to investigators that she locked the door behind the victim, hit him in the legs with a bat and punched him several times.

Witnesses told police that Vick, who had been waiting inside the house, also beat the victim, according to the charges. Witnesses told police that another individual beat the victim as well, though Merino said that they are still trying to identify that person.

The alleged assailants were trying to force the victim to talk about "another incident that had occurred," the charges state, though the documents do not elaborate.

The victim refused to talk, and the beating continued until he jumped out of a window, according to the charges. Vick and the unnamed individual chased the victim and several shots were fired, the charges add.

Police responded to a call at 11:08 p.m. about the gunshots and found the victim lying on the street in a pool of blood. He had a gunshot wound in his back and cuts on his arms and forehead. He was taken to University Hospital.

Officers searched the area and found two shell casings and a broken window in a nearby home. They spoke with several people at the home who told them what happened, according to the charges.

Police consider Vick armed and dangerous. His last known address is in Murray. SLCPD asks anyone who knows where he is to call them at 801-799-3000. Callers may remain anonymous.

Vick was convicted of drug use or possession in 2003, a felony, which means he could not have a gun.

mmcfall@sltrib.comTwitter: @mikeypanda

comments powered by Disqus