Home » News
Home » News

Man arrested after alleged high-speed chase and two kidnappings

Published July 25, 2013 5:09 pm

Crime • 30-year-old allegedly lured first of two women into his car at McDonald's.
This is an archived article that was published on sltrib.com in 2013, and information in the article may be outdated. It is provided only for personal research purposes and may not be reprinted.

A 30-year-old man was jailed on multiple felony counts Thursday, the day after he allegedly kidnapped and assaulted two women and then led police on a high-speed, two-county chase ending in a crash.

The Wednesday afternoon chase ended when Jeremy Deangilo Storm allegedly crashed in Millcreek township. Officers found him hiding in a home near 2300 East and Apple View Court (2900 South).

It took a while for detectives from both Salt Lake and Summit counties to unravel the complex case.

Salt Lake City police said the incident began at a Salt Lake City's McDonald's restaurant, located at 210 W. 500 South. Storm allegedly lured a 20-year-old woman into his car with an offer of breakfast. Once the woman entered the car, however, Storm locked all the doors and would not let her leave, police said.

Storm then allegedly forced a second woman, at gunpoint, to get into his car and then drove toward Park City on Interstate 80. In Park City, Storm allegedly assaulted the first woman with a knife while forcing the second woman to assist him.

However, the 20-year-old woman was able to struggle free and escape the car, and Storm purportedly sped away and drove back toward Salt Lake City. Meanwhile, the Summit County Sheriff's Office responded to a 4:30 p.m. 911 call from bystanders with whom the escaped, slightly wounded woman pleaded for help.

Summit County Sheriff's deputies called out the description of the vehicle and Utah Highway Patrol troopers soon spotted it heading westbound on I-80. A pursuit began, leaving I-80 and heading onto I- 215 and then 3300 South, where the car caused a three-car collision.

The suspect vehicle crashed itself soon thereafter and police, assisted by dogs, flooded the area.

Storm was arrest about 20 minutes later by Unified Police Department officers. Storm was booked into jail on suspicion of two counts of second-degree felony counts of kidnapping and attempted homicide; one-third degree felony count of fleeing police and causing an injury accident; and multiple misdemeanor counts ranging from driving on a suspended license, disorderly conduct and failure to appear for an earlier, unrelated court date.

The second allegedly abducted woman, age unknown, sustained minor injuries when the suspect vehicle crashed. She was treated at an area hospital and released.


Twitter: @remims




Reader comments on sltrib.com are the opinions of the writer, not The Salt Lake Tribune. We will delete comments containing obscenities, personal attacks and inappropriate or offensive remarks. Flagrant or repeat violators will be banned. If you see an objectionable comment, please alert us by clicking the arrow on the upper right side of the comment and selecting "Flag comment as inappropriate". If you've recently registered with Disqus or aren't seeing your comments immediately, you may need to verify your email address. To do so, visit disqus.com/account.
See more about comments here.
comments powered by Disqus