Home » News
Home » News

Three escape early morning Sandy house fire

Published August 13, 2013 6:59 am
This is an archived article that was published on sltrib.com in 2013, and information in the article may be outdated. It is provided only for personal research purposes and may not be reprinted.

An early Tuesday morning fire heavily damaged a Sandy house, but its three occupants escaped unharmed.

Sandy Deputy Fire Chief Bruce Cline said the blaze, reported 3:38 a.m. at 9585 S. 266 East, began on the home's backyard deck and quickly spread into the attic, kitchen and living room.

The three occupants of the home — two men and a woman — attempted to douse the fire with a garden hose before calling 911.

The cause of the blaze, which was extinguished by Sandy Fire Department crews within 15 minutes, was undetermined — though the residents reportedly told firefighters they had been smoking on the deck late Monday evening.

Damages were believed to have topped $30,000.

No injuries were reported.


Twitter: @remims




Reader comments on sltrib.com are the opinions of the writer, not The Salt Lake Tribune. We will delete comments containing obscenities, personal attacks and inappropriate or offensive remarks. Flagrant or repeat violators will be banned. If you see an objectionable comment, please alert us by clicking the arrow on the upper right side of the comment and selecting "Flag comment as inappropriate". If you've recently registered with Disqus or aren't seeing your comments immediately, you may need to verify your email address. To do so, visit disqus.com/account.
See more about comments here.
comments powered by Disqus