A disabled woman died in a fire Wednesday at a Provo home.
Louise Dennis Maffey, 70, apparently was in the front room in the upstairs of the split level house at 1362 S. 1100 West when the fire broke out in the room, said Provo Fire Capt. Dean York.
A neighbor heard a window break and saw smoke pouring out of an upstairs window about 4:35 p.m., York said. Firefighters arrived to learn that Maffey, who used a wheelchair, lived in the home and had not been seen outside. Firefighters went inside to fight the blaze and found Maffey's body next to a chair.