Home » News
Home » News

Maintenance gone wrong blamed for RV fire

Published August 27, 2013 12:33 pm
This is an archived article that was published on sltrib.com in 2013, and information in the article may be outdated. It is provided only for personal research purposes and may not be reprinted.

Investigators say a Salt Lake City fire that heavily damaged two motor homes and several nearby all-terrain vehicles was due to a case of routine engine maintenance gone wrong.

Salt Lake City Fire Department spokesman Jasen Asay said Tuesday that the 6:30 p.m. Tuesday fire at 1325 W. Arapahoe Ave. (660 South) originated in one of the motor homes when "the owner's sons were doing some maintenance to get it running again.

"The fire started under the hood and quickly spread to the grass underneath the motor home," Asay said.

No injuries were reported. Damage estimates were still being compiled Tuesday.


Twitter: @remims




Reader comments on sltrib.com are the opinions of the writer, not The Salt Lake Tribune. We will delete comments containing obscenities, personal attacks and inappropriate or offensive remarks. Flagrant or repeat violators will be banned. If you see an objectionable comment, please alert us by clicking the arrow on the upper right side of the comment and selecting "Flag comment as inappropriate". If you've recently registered with Disqus or aren't seeing your comments immediately, you may need to verify your email address. To do so, visit disqus.com/account.
See more about comments here.
comments powered by Disqus