This is an archived article that was published on in 2013, and information in the article may be outdated. It is provided only for personal research purposes and may not be reprinted.

A Millcreek Township woman accused of running over a mother and child in a State Street crosswalk — killing the little girl — entered into a plea deal Monday that could land her in prison for up to 10 years.

Janeen Lundberg, 47, pleaded guilty to a reduced third-degree felony count of negligent homicide and driving under the influence of drugs, also a third-degree felony. Each count carries a maximum sentence of up to five years in prison.

Lundberg was initially charged with second-degree felony automobile homicide, for which Lundberg could have been sent to prison for up to 15 years. But in exchange for her pleas, prosecutors dropped two additional misdemeanor counts and lessened the charges.

She will be sentenced in November.

At about 4 p.m. on March 14, 2012, Lundberg was driving under the influence of sedatives when she swerved to pass a car in a left-turn lane on State Street near Kensington Avenue (1522 South) and hit 6-year-old Ambrosia Amalathithada-Ramseyer and her mother, who were in a crosswalk, according to charging documents.

The mother suffered broken legs, a broken pelvis, a skull fracture and brain injury, according to testimony. Ambrosia, died from her injuries.

Police said Lundberg was traveling between 32 and 38 mph and made no attempt to brake.

A blood test revealed that Lundberg had several different prescription medications in her system on the day of the accident.

According to court documents, Lundberg was taking Alprazolam, Butalbital, Methocarbamol, Cymbalta and Neurontin. All have sedative effects. Two types of medication the woman had taken were for a history of seizures, her attorney has said.

Lundberg told authorities she stopped at a 7-Eleven prior to the crash and bought coffee, Diet Pepsi and No-Doze because she was worried about staying safe on the road, according to testimony.

Lundberg has been in custody since the March 2012 crash.

Twitter: @Marissa_Jae

comments powered by Disqus