Home » News
Home » News

He was stabbed, but Ogden police won't say why

Published October 14, 2013 1:20 pm
This is an archived article that was published on sltrib.com in 2013, and information in the article may be outdated. It is provided only for personal research purposes and may not be reprinted.

A 43-year-old Ogden man remained in serious condition Monday following a weekend stabbing. Police said an 18-year-old male suspect was behind bars.

Ogden police Lt. Scott Conley said the Saturday assault was being investigated by the Ogden Metro Gang Unit, but he would not provide further information on a specific motive for the attack.

The suspect was booked on suspicion of aggravated assault. He had not been formally charged as of Monday afternoon.

Police found the victim, whose name was not being released, lying near a parking lot at 247 24th St. about 10 p.m. Saturday. He had suffered a single knife wound to his upper torso, Conley said.

The victim, whose vital signs had been stabilized at an unidentified Ogden-area hospital, was expected to survive.

Witnesses reported seeing a vehicle leading the scene at the time of the stabbing and identified the 18-year-old as the driver. Ogden police pulled the vehicle over a short distance away and took the suspect into custody without incident.

Detectives still are seeking information at 801-629-8276.


Twitter: @remims




Reader comments on sltrib.com are the opinions of the writer, not The Salt Lake Tribune. We will delete comments containing obscenities, personal attacks and inappropriate or offensive remarks. Flagrant or repeat violators will be banned. If you see an objectionable comment, please alert us by clicking the arrow on the upper right side of the comment and selecting "Flag comment as inappropriate". If you've recently registered with Disqus or aren't seeing your comments immediately, you may need to verify your email address. To do so, visit disqus.com/account.
See more about comments here.
comments powered by Disqus