Quantcast
Home » News
Home » News

Tooele police say man's carbon monoxide death accidental

Published November 7, 2013 7:48 am
This is an archived article that was published on sltrib.com in 2013, and information in the article may be outdated. It is provided only for personal research purposes and may not be reprinted.

Police said on Thursday that the carbon monoxide poisoning death of a Tooele man is believed to have been accidental.

Tooele police Capt. Paul Wimmer said 54-year-old Robert Woods was found unconscious and unresponsive about 9:30 p.m. Wednesday in the living room of his house near 200 E. Crest Circle.

Paramedics' efforts to revive him were unsuccessful and Woods was pronounced dead.



Wimmer said the death did not appear to have been a suicide.

"It looks like he was working on his truck in the garage and apparently went inside to rest and fell asleep. The truck was still running, and filled the house with carbon monoxide fumes," Wimmer said.

The garage adjoined the living room of the house through a door, which was found open by relatives when they returned to find Woods.

Police said carbon monoxide levels inside the home were determined to be dangerously elevated.

remims@sltrib.com

Twitter: @remims

 

 

 

USER COMMENTS
Reader comments on sltrib.com are the opinions of the writer, not The Salt Lake Tribune. We will delete comments containing obscenities, personal attacks and inappropriate or offensive remarks. Flagrant or repeat violators will be banned. If you see an objectionable comment, please alert us by clicking the arrow on the upper right side of the comment and selecting "Flag comment as inappropriate". If you've recently registered with Disqus or aren't seeing your comments immediately, you may need to verify your email address. To do so, visit disqus.com/account.
See more about comments here.
comments powered by Disqus