Home » News
Home » News

Letter: No surprise Version 1 of ACA website has glitches

Published November 16, 2013 11:18 pm
This is an archived article that was published on sltrib.com in 2013, and information in the article may be outdated. It is provided only for personal research purposes and may not be reprinted.

OK, the initial version of the ACA website's functioning has been less than stellar. What a surprise, version 1 of something didn't work as planned? But does this have anything to do with the new health care plan itself and its admirable goal to reform America's long-standing broken health-care non-system?

Does anyone remember Microsoft Windows 8? While thousands rushed to buy it, quite a few knew the problems inherent with a new version of nearly any software and simply delayed a bit, until what we know as Service Pack 1 came out repairing 90 percent of the problems, leaving 10 percent to be fixed by SP2, and 1 percent by SP3. Then we will get the next major release, and the cycle begins again.

But we didn't reflexively "round file" the basic objectives of the software program itself because it had software glitches.

The future of the new health-care system begins with the 20-somethings — and who more than this generation understands the reality of the software perfection cycle.

Jeff Clawson, M.D.

Salt Lake City




Reader comments on sltrib.com are the opinions of the writer, not The Salt Lake Tribune. We will delete comments containing obscenities, personal attacks and inappropriate or offensive remarks. Flagrant or repeat violators will be banned. If you see an objectionable comment, please alert us by clicking the arrow on the upper right side of the comment and selecting "Flag comment as inappropriate". If you've recently registered with Disqus or aren't seeing your comments immediately, you may need to verify your email address. To do so, visit disqus.com/account.
See more about comments here.
comments powered by Disqus