Home » News
Home » News

Boiler maintenance sparks fire at Ogden church

Published December 4, 2013 7:13 pm
This is an archived article that was published on sltrib.com in 2013, and information in the article may be outdated. It is provided only for personal research purposes and may not be reprinted.

Firefighters extinguished a small blaze at an Ogden church on Wednesday afternoon.

A company was performing maintenance on a boiler between Saint Joseph Catholic Church (514 24th St.) and a housing quarters when the boiler caught fire, according to tweets from the Ogden Fire Department. Firefighters from Ogden and Roy quickly extinguished the fire.

Damage is estimated at $10,000 and was contained to the boiler unit.

"There is smoke inside the church that is being ventilated now," the department tweeted at about 4:45 p.m.. No one was hurt.


Twitter: @mikeypanda




Reader comments on sltrib.com are the opinions of the writer, not The Salt Lake Tribune. We will delete comments containing obscenities, personal attacks and inappropriate or offensive remarks. Flagrant or repeat violators will be banned. If you see an objectionable comment, please alert us by clicking the arrow on the upper right side of the comment and selecting "Flag comment as inappropriate". If you've recently registered with Disqus or aren't seeing your comments immediately, you may need to verify your email address. To do so, visit disqus.com/account.
See more about comments here.
comments powered by Disqus