An early Tuesday morning fire left a South Jordan family of four without a home, but they escaped serious injury.
Public safety dispatchers say a 12:27 a.m. 911 call brought South Jordan Fire Department crews rushing to the residence at 9503 S. Angus Drive (3945 West). A mother and three children including a 12-year-old boy who reportedly first noticed the smoke and alerted his mother living in the home were found to have escaped the flames; they were treated for minor smoke inhalation.
Initial estimates of damage exceeded $100,000. The Red Cross and relatives were helping the family with shelter, food and clothing.