Home » News
Home » News

House fire kills dog, displaces Salt Lake City residents

Published December 20, 2013 7:49 pm
This is an archived article that was published on sltrib.com in 2013, and information in the article may be outdated. It is provided only for personal research purposes and may not be reprinted.

A house fire sparked by a wood-burning stove in Salt Lake City killed a dog and displaced two people Friday afternoon.

The fire began just before 2 p.m. in a Rose Park home located between 600 and 800 North and 1000 and 1200 West, according to Salt Lake City Fire spokesman Jasen Asay. The fire began on a couch that was too close to a wood-burning stove that had been used earlier in the day, Asay said.

Damage from the fire was limited to the room where it began.

The man and woman who lived in the home were not there when the fire started. Asay said the residents were displaced and the Red Cross had been called in to find lodging options.

One of the two dogs living in the home died from smoke inhalation. The other dog and several cats made it outside, Asay said.

The fire did not cause any other injuries. Investigators ruled the blaze accidental Friday afternoon.


Twitter: @jimmycdii




Reader comments on sltrib.com are the opinions of the writer, not The Salt Lake Tribune. We will delete comments containing obscenities, personal attacks and inappropriate or offensive remarks. Flagrant or repeat violators will be banned. If you see an objectionable comment, please alert us by clicking the arrow on the upper right side of the comment and selecting "Flag comment as inappropriate". If you've recently registered with Disqus or aren't seeing your comments immediately, you may need to verify your email address. To do so, visit disqus.com/account.
See more about comments here.
comments powered by Disqus