Home » News
Home » News

East Salt Lake City blaze displaces two

Published December 30, 2013 6:51 am
This is an archived article that was published on sltrib.com in 2013, and information in the article may be outdated. It is provided only for personal research purposes and may not be reprinted.

A man and woman were displaced early Monday morning when fire broke out in their east Salt Lake City home.

Salt Lake City Fire Department spokesman Jasen Asay said the couple was not seriously injured in the blaze at 450 S. 1300 East. However, the woman, in her 50s, was taken to the hospital for treatment of minor smoke inhalation.

The couple was being assisted by the Red Cross in finding alternative shelter.

Public safety dispatchers said a 911 call reporting the fire came in at 6 a.m. Firefighters had declared the blaze in the brick-and-wood structure out by 7 a.m.

The cause of the fire was determined to be electrical and was believed to have started in the rear of the home. Losses were estimated in excess of $40,000, having damaged two bedrooms and the kitchen area.


Twitter: @remims




Reader comments on sltrib.com are the opinions of the writer, not The Salt Lake Tribune. We will delete comments containing obscenities, personal attacks and inappropriate or offensive remarks. Flagrant or repeat violators will be banned. If you see an objectionable comment, please alert us by clicking the arrow on the upper right side of the comment and selecting "Flag comment as inappropriate". If you've recently registered with Disqus or aren't seeing your comments immediately, you may need to verify your email address. To do so, visit disqus.com/account.
See more about comments here.
comments powered by Disqus