Quantcast
Home » News
Home » News

Six-year-old uses lighter to start fire at Clinton house

Published February 8, 2014 4:46 pm
This is an archived article that was published on sltrib.com in 2014, and information in the article may be outdated. It is provided only for personal research purposes and may not be reprinted.

A 6-year-old boy started a fire in his second-floor bedroom after playing with a lighter he found in the bathroom Saturday morning.

Clinton Fire Chief Dave Olsen said nobody in the house near 1100 North and 1100 West was harmed and the blaze was confined to the boy's room, but says the incident is an important reminder to exercise caution when children and incendiary devices are under the same roof.

"Make sure that you talk to your kids about playing with matches and lighters, and put them in places where they can't get to them," Olsen said.



mpiper@sltrib.com

Twitter: @matthew_piper

 

 

 

USER COMMENTS
Reader comments on sltrib.com are the opinions of the writer, not The Salt Lake Tribune. We will delete comments containing obscenities, personal attacks and inappropriate or offensive remarks. Flagrant or repeat violators will be banned. If you see an objectionable comment, please alert us by clicking the arrow on the upper right side of the comment and selecting "Flag comment as inappropriate". If you've recently registered with Disqus or aren't seeing your comments immediately, you may need to verify your email address. To do so, visit disqus.com/account.
See more about comments here.
comments powered by Disqus