Home » News
Home » News

2-year-old dies after TV falls on him

Published February 12, 2014 8:54 am
This is an archived article that was published on sltrib.com in 2014, and information in the article may be outdated. It is provided only for personal research purposes and may not be reprinted.

A 2-year-old boy died after a TV fell on him in his Magna home.

The grandparents were in a different room about 5:30 p.m. Tuesday when they heard a thud from the living room of the house, near 2600 S. 8850 West, said Unified Police Lt. Justin Hoyal. There they found the child pinned under a 32-inch tube-style TV, Hoyal said.

He was taken by ambulance to Intermountain Medical Center and later flown to Primary Children's Hospital, where he died about 8:30 p.m., Hoyal said. "It appears to be a very tragic, unfortunate accident," Hoyal said.

Police were not releasing the boy's name pending family notification.




Reader comments on sltrib.com are the opinions of the writer, not The Salt Lake Tribune. We will delete comments containing obscenities, personal attacks and inappropriate or offensive remarks. Flagrant or repeat violators will be banned. If you see an objectionable comment, please alert us by clicking the arrow on the upper right side of the comment and selecting "Flag comment as inappropriate". If you've recently registered with Disqus or aren't seeing your comments immediately, you may need to verify your email address. To do so, visit disqus.com/account.
See more about comments here.
comments powered by Disqus