Home » News
Home » News

After chase and gun battle, Ogden cops nab fugitive

Published March 12, 2014 7:44 am
This is an archived article that was published on sltrib.com in 2014, and information in the article may be outdated. It is provided only for personal research purposes and may not be reprinted.

A wanted burglary and assault suspect was behind bars Wednesday, but it took a high-speed chase and exchange of gunfire to put him there.

Ogden police say no one was hurt in the firefight that culminated in the 21-year-old fugitive being arrested late Tuesday night.

The chase began shortly after 11 p.m. Tuesday when an Ogden officer spotted the suspect driving. A chase ensued, ending near 100 Fowler Ave. in Ogden when the suspect allegedly tried to ram a police cruiser, then brandishd a handgun.

OPD Lt. Danielle Croyle, noting the incident was still under investigation, did not release specific details on the ensuing exchange of gunshots. However, neither the suspect nor officers were hurt.

The suspect, a convicted felon who had several active arrest warrants, surrendered and was taken into custody. He was booked into the Weber County jail early Wednesday morning on three counts of possession of a firearm by a restricted person; possession of a controlled substance; failure to stop at the command of a police officer, and three warrants.


Twitter: @remims




Reader comments on sltrib.com are the opinions of the writer, not The Salt Lake Tribune. We will delete comments containing obscenities, personal attacks and inappropriate or offensive remarks. Flagrant or repeat violators will be banned. If you see an objectionable comment, please alert us by clicking the arrow on the upper right side of the comment and selecting "Flag comment as inappropriate". If you've recently registered with Disqus or aren't seeing your comments immediately, you may need to verify your email address. To do so, visit disqus.com/account.
See more about comments here.
comments powered by Disqus