This is an archived article that was published on in 2014, and information in the article may be outdated. It is provided only for personal research purposes and may not be reprinted.

A fire broke out Friday morning in a house that was being constructed in Park City, closing a road and causing extensive damage to the structure.

The fire broke out about 11:40 a.m. in a house near Deer Valley Drive and Sunnyside Drive.

Crews contained the fire, and it did not spread to other buildings, said Park City spokeswoman Phyllis Robinson.

Deputy Fire Marshall Kurt Simister said three workers on the construction site accidentally started the blaze when they tried to burn scrap materials in a fireplace. The men managed to escape the building without injury, and the fire did not harm anyone else.

comments powered by Disqus